
In order to better see God's love, let us see it in the light of his Holiness. Let's pool together all the attributes of God rather than isolating Love by its self. Some will only say God loves you in order to not offend anyone by saying harsh words like sin, hate, wrath, wretched, etc........ But if you leave out sin, and the absorbing of wrath by Christ on the cross, if you leave out blood, how can there be remission of sins? Without the hard truths of the bible, you don't get the full gospel. And a partial Gospel is no Gospel at all. If you refuse to preach the Gospel to the persishing, you only show your hatred for them. If you truly loved them, you'd think of their souls and not so much their feelings. I'm not against being cool. If you can have cool music, sit on a stool in a dark lit room while drinkin' java and preach the full Gospel and remain faithful to the word, and people are coming to Christ, then I'm all for it. Keep up the good work. Free Coffee For All!! But hanging with people is not necassarily loving them. The Gospel is word and deed. We have to care for people, and meet there needs, but we must also proclaim the good news (and yes, things like wrath, and sin are included in the good news, It shows what we are, and what Christ is saving us from) that we are utterly sinful, and God hates sin, and in order to reconcile us to himself, He sent his Son to die the death he didn't deserve on a cruel cross, in him we have the absorbing of wrath, by his stripes we are healed. There is LOVE!!! The glorious amazing thing about God is not that He damns, but that He'd save any of us who repent and place faith in His Son!!! I better understand the love that God has for me by examining His holiness. I better understand God's love, I am in awe, when I contemplate the fact that I am totally depraved, I can't do good, and yet, Christ died in order to remove my crimes, and was raised from the dead that I may now live life on mission. What a great Love with which God has loved us!! He is redeeming his enemies (you and I). My good friend Jared Pete recently said this...."When Jesus says to "love your enemies"...He is speaking from experience...Jesus loves His enemies."
This post was taken from an earlier post called "in response to @danielbeckworth"
Please enjoy it...again.
Sola Fide
This post was taken from an earlier post called "in response to @danielbeckworth"
Please enjoy it...again.
Sola Fide
No comments:
Post a Comment