Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Blood:Water Mission

The band Jars of Clay formed an organization called Blood: Water Mission, or 1000 Wells. They take donations and raise awareness for the tragedies surrounding the crisis for water in Africa. The organization uses donations to start new wells, which cost thousands of dollars to drill, in villages (villages usually contain around 700-1000 people). Some of the money goes to the upkeep of old wells and other sources of purifying water. So, statistically, one dollar of your money, gives one African water to drink for one year. That is a true stat. The numbers seem a little outrageous. I might spend $1 on one bottle of water during any point of my day. Any donations can be sent to http://www.blood:watermission.com/. I've emailed the coordinators, and They should be sending me more info; along with tracs. So, I hope to set up a booth on campus soon to take donations and raise awareness.

No comments: