
"We are not merely imperfect creatures who must be improved, We are REBELS who must lay down our arms." C.S. Lewis
The more and more I read the Bible I find I must abandon the thought of my goodness. Christ made it painfully clear that our righteousness is nothing more than filth. And Christ goes to great lengths in explaining to us that we must abandon every thing that we are. The reason behing this is that Christ is perfect; therefore he expects us to edge closer and closer to that perfection until it is finally made complete in him, and by " in him" I mean " by him." Very plainly, we are to become like Christ, they call this Saintification. It is also very clear that nothing of this world will ever enter into the kingdom of God, and therefore should be abandoned for the eternal. C.S. Lewis compares this to the great divorce. We should seperate the to elements of our life, the flesh divorced from the Spirit. To break the bond which can't really exist.
By doing this, we give the rest of a lost and dying world a chance at life. The more I lose myself and find Christ, I find that I've been the one holding the rest of the world under water, and now my new self offers the opportunity to come up and breath to those gasping for air. If we're going to be salt and light, we have to escape the darkness.
The new "coffee shop culture" says we should end social injustice, stop global warming, and so on. These are all noble thoughts and things that I would really like to see happen. But, we seem to spend more time talking about these things than we do fixing them. So starving children become nothing more than a conversation piece in our minds. These conversations have yet to yield action over the majority of our society; including the majority of churchs, which most have grown apathetic. So, we have yet to really let love penetrate our being. If love is only found in our speech and never in our actions, then we don't really love at all. Preach as we may, until we take these matters to heart, nothing will change, and we only continue to subscribe to a doctrine that we don't truly believe. There is still hope to be offered, but it won't be found in hippies theory or Starbucks. Prayer and fasting, a fear and reverence of a divine God might just be an answer. But pray as you may for rescue, remember, You are that rescue. But there won't be a rescue for all the invisible children in Uganda, no water for a dry Africa, no earthing of the gospel in third world countries until we can fix the monster in the mirror.
Good day
The more and more I read the Bible I find I must abandon the thought of my goodness. Christ made it painfully clear that our righteousness is nothing more than filth. And Christ goes to great lengths in explaining to us that we must abandon every thing that we are. The reason behing this is that Christ is perfect; therefore he expects us to edge closer and closer to that perfection until it is finally made complete in him, and by " in him" I mean " by him." Very plainly, we are to become like Christ, they call this Saintification. It is also very clear that nothing of this world will ever enter into the kingdom of God, and therefore should be abandoned for the eternal. C.S. Lewis compares this to the great divorce. We should seperate the to elements of our life, the flesh divorced from the Spirit. To break the bond which can't really exist.
By doing this, we give the rest of a lost and dying world a chance at life. The more I lose myself and find Christ, I find that I've been the one holding the rest of the world under water, and now my new self offers the opportunity to come up and breath to those gasping for air. If we're going to be salt and light, we have to escape the darkness.
The new "coffee shop culture" says we should end social injustice, stop global warming, and so on. These are all noble thoughts and things that I would really like to see happen. But, we seem to spend more time talking about these things than we do fixing them. So starving children become nothing more than a conversation piece in our minds. These conversations have yet to yield action over the majority of our society; including the majority of churchs, which most have grown apathetic. So, we have yet to really let love penetrate our being. If love is only found in our speech and never in our actions, then we don't really love at all. Preach as we may, until we take these matters to heart, nothing will change, and we only continue to subscribe to a doctrine that we don't truly believe. There is still hope to be offered, but it won't be found in hippies theory or Starbucks. Prayer and fasting, a fear and reverence of a divine God might just be an answer. But pray as you may for rescue, remember, You are that rescue. But there won't be a rescue for all the invisible children in Uganda, no water for a dry Africa, no earthing of the gospel in third world countries until we can fix the monster in the mirror.
Good day
No comments:
Post a Comment