I love the words of Eugene H. Peterson as he comments on Romans in The Message//Remix. We’re told that, “…..God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in sacrificial death while we were of no use whatever to him.” What a beautiful concept. God put his love on the line. I sit in my office and I ponder what it would look like if you and I put our love on the line. Perhaps I am just crazy, but I feel like the whole world would change. It has to change. We no longer live in a world where people flock to churches for identity or truth. We no longer live in a world where students and youth run to church for answers. If something is going to change, we must put our love on the line. Students don’t want pizza parties or games. They want truth. They want answers. They want hope and help. They want to know that someone really does love and care about them. They simply want someone to put their love on the line for them. I encounter so many broken and hurting students who just want to feel love. I believe that God looked down from heaven and saw a broken and hurting world that needed to feel love. A world that needed to see real love in action. Love on the line.
Current Reading: The Message//Remix
Current Listening: Rehab by Lecrae
-Daniel
No comments:
Post a Comment